Monday, May 23, 2016

Messier 53 - First shot with the Concrete Pier

Its's been a while since I last imaged a deep sky object as I have been busy constructing a concrete pier (ultimately an observatory).  Messier 53 is  a globular cluster about 58,000 light years from Earth and is in the Coma Berencies constellation.  This is my first attempt at using the concrete pier and was taken during the full moon.  Normally I would not shoot deep sky objects during such a phase, however, it was clear out and I really wanted to check the new concrete pier. The images came out better than I expected and I will add it to my catalog of Messier Objects with the ED80.

Cropped Image

Wide Field Image

Wide Field Image - Labelled
M53
Location: Monroe, CT
Date/Time: 5/19/16 11:50 pm
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, Backyard EOS
Telescope: Orion ED80 80mm f/7.5 Apochromatic Refractor Telescope
Barlow: None
Focal Length: 600mm
f/7.5
Mount: Orion Sirius EQ-G GoTo Telescope Mount
Autoguiding: QHY-5L-II-M attached to and Orion Short Tube 80mm
Exposure: 12 x 30 sec, 43 x 45 sec (~38 min)
ISO: 800
Post Processing: Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop, Lightroom

Equipment and Pier



No comments:

Post a Comment