Thursday, May 26, 2016

First Shot of Mars

It was a little smoggy out but I wanted to get Mars while it was still "big".  It appears bigger because it is closer to Earth right now.  I wanted to get the shot using my 3x Barlow lens similar to what I did with Jupiter last month, unfortunately, however, I did not have time to focus it correctly as some clouds were moving in.

Image 1 - pipp-reg-ps-crop-LR2

Image 2 - pipp-reg-ps-crop

Image 3 - pipp-reg-ps

Image 4 - pipp-reg


Mars
Location: Monroe, CT
Date/Time: 5/26/16   00:54 am
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i, 5X Planetary Mode
Telescope: Orion ED80 80mm f/7.5 Apochromatic Refractor Telescope
Barlow: none
Focal Length: 600mm
f/7.5
Mount: Orion Sirius EQ-G GoTo Telescope Mount
Autoguiding: none
Exposure: 2000 x 1/800s (jpeg/avi)
ISO: 800
Post Processing: PIPP, Registax, Photoshop, Lightroom

No comments:

Post a Comment