Wednesday, September 16, 2026

NGC 7000 (2026)

 So this is my latest image of the North America Nebula (NGC 7000), the last was over six years ago. It also happens to be my first image taken from my new home in Santa Fe. It was imaged with my widefield Askar FRA300 setup which I last used over a year and a half ago, fortunately I remembered how to use it. The monsoon season has been particularly bad this year so clouds have been lingering around until after midnight.

This emission nebula resides in clouds of gas and dust in the constellation Cygnus and does resemble North America although I have it oriented 90 degrees from North-South map orientation. Many other objects are located in this region the most notable is the Pelican Nebula (IC 5070) which only a small portion is shown at the bottom of the image.I really like how the stars came out especially since they were captured using the NBZ filter which is dual band filter only letting in Ha and OIII spectral colors. I used to do a lot of tedious and time-consuming manipulation to get decent colors, however, this time I used the SETI Astro Narrowband to RGB star PixInsight script and it worked wonders.

I still have my AT115 setup which I plan to activate at some point but mount it on the Atlas Pro. I still have the Celestron Edge HD8 but I'm not sure I want to keep it. The Bortle class at my new location in Santa Fe is 5 which is the same as it was in CT, however, my field of view is much better here. In addition, I am less than 30 minutes from Bortle 3 skies as opposed to 5 plus hours.

Higher Quality:


NGC 7000 (2026)
Dates: 8-2, 8-3, 8-6, 8-16, 8-17, 8-22, 9-3
Camera: ZWO ASI2600MC-Pro
Telescope: Askar FRA300 Pro
Barlow: None
Focal Length: 300mm
f/5
Focal Reducer: none
Mount: ZWO AM3
Filter Adaptor: ZWO Filter Drawer
Filter: IDAS NBZ
Focuser: ZWO EAF
Autoguiding: ASI120 Mini attached to a ZWO Mini guidescope
Exposure: NBZ 242 x 300 (20h 2m)
Gain: 100
Offset 20
Sensor Temp: 0 C
Processing: PixInsight, Photoshop, BlurXTerminator, StarXTerminator, NoiseXTerminator, GraXpert, Bill Blanshan Color Masks, Bill Blanshan Stretching, Topaz Denoise, SETI Astro NB to RGB stars.

https://www.instagram.com/astroquest1/
http://astroquest1.blogspot.com/
https://www.astrobin.com/users/kurtzepp/collections/
http://youtube.com/AstroQuest1

No comments:

Post a Comment