Saturday, October 12, 2019

The Moon from Boothe Park!

Blast from the past!  This was a single shot taken from my modified Canon T3i/600d through my old imaging telescope, the Orion ED80 F7.5 refractor.    The Astronomy Club (BMAS) just finished doing an outreach and I decided to take the advice of Van H. McComas, if the Moon is out, image it. I normally take lunar images without filters, however, this time I used the Baader Moon & Skyglow filter in order increase the contrast.  It seemed to have worked as I the shock waves coming off the crater in Tycho are much more visible than any other one-shot image during the full moon phase than I have imaged previously.


The Moon
Boothe Park, CT
Date: 10-12-19
Camera: Canon T3i/600d
Telescope: Orion ED80 Refractor Telescope
Barlow: None
Focal Length: 600mm
f/7.5
Focal Reducer: None
Mount: Sky-Watcher Twilight I Alt/Az Mount
Filter Wheel: None
Filter: Baader Moon & SkyGlow
Focuser: Moonlite
Autoguiding:None
Exposure: 1 x 1/400s
ISO: 200
Temp: 15 C
Post Processing: Photoshop, Lightroom

No comments:

Post a Comment