Sunday, June 10, 2018

Cygnus & Hints of the Milky Way

I went on a Boy Scout Rafting/Camping trip to a remote area in PA this past weekend so I thought perfect, I will bring a camera.  I looked perfectly clear, however, the 30-second exposure showed clouds all over the place.  I did some processing in PS and LR2 to minimize the clouds and bring out a hint of the Milky Way. Also, I think I stacked two 30-second exposures to enhance the image.  Normally, I do this in DSS but for a small number of frames, like two, PS works.  I used the auto align function in PS to stack them rather than by hand and eye (otherwise I just would have processed one of the exposures).  Lightroom was very helpful especially the vignetting function in removing the light pollution around the bottom edges. 

All I can say is trying to do Astrophotography in the Northeast is ridiculous!  It would be great if I were into clouds!
  
Version 1

Version 2 - Curves Adjust

Location: Hickory Run State Park, PA
Date/Time: 6/9/18 11:37 pm
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i (600D)
Lens: Opteka Fisheye
Focal Length: 6.5mm
f/4.5
Exposure: 2x30
ISO: 3200
Post Processing: Photoshop, Lightroom2

No comments:

Post a Comment