Tuesday, July 28, 2020

More Comet Neowise F3 Picts

If you are imaging the Moon, the Moon is your friend.  If not, the Moon does bad things like makes gradients.  Anyways I shot the comet for one last time with the widefield 18mm Focal Length lens.  In hindsight I probably should have gone for a larger lens with a small FOV so the gradients would not have been so pronounced but I wanted to get the Big Dipper. Oh well, good by Neowise...


Addendum:
I went out again the next night (last night) as it cleared briefly at my house.  The was brighter, however, the sky was a bit less hazy and I used a 200mm lens rather than the 18mm lens.  There were still gradients but they were a bit easier to deal with.  It is still not great better than the previous night.  I found it difficult to process at it was very noisy but that was to be expected with 4.8 min of total exposure (19 x 15s).  I tried to preserve the ion trail but was only left with a hint of it.  It is definitely greener than a few weeks ago and this was the color of the exposures.  Anyway I am done with Comet Neowise I just wanted to finish off better than than image from the previous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment